Organizing the match
The Home team captain (or a proxy) is responsible for running the match.
For the match to run smoothly we recommend that the Home team captain:
- Write out or display the workouts where everyone can see them
- You can display the match screen on a TV (will also include workouts)
- Prior to each workout:
- Decide if one team is going first or if both teams are going head-to-head (this may depend on space and equipment)
- Find an appropriate number of judges
- Go over the workout including movements standards and flow
- During the season teams will judge each other OR if there are enough spectators, you can ask them to judge for you so the teams can go head to head at the same time!
- Remember the focus of this league is friendly, and the weekly matches do not have a huge affect on your final ranking (that's determined during playoffs) - so have fun :)
Things to Remember
- Ensure all questions are asked / answered prior to events starting. Common questions we find include:
- Will athletes 'tag' between transitions?
- Can other members of the team (or not) help load bars etc
- Anything not specified in the workout itself can be determined by the teams at the match, but make sure these items are decided before beginning
Please make to review workouts well before the match to allow time for any questions or clarifications needed.
Questions? Contact your ambassador, or email email@example.com or post in the regions FFL Facebook group!